Justin W. Reagor on 13 Aug 2007 16:22:31 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] couple simple ror questions

This might help...

:: Justin Reagor

On Aug 13, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Colin A. Bartlett wrote:

Keith Fitzgerald wrote:
What is the easiest way to sync up all the required gems? [there's a bunch] I can grab the list from the server this is running on.
"gem install <gem name>" at a command prompt should do the trick of installing
"gem list" will show you the gems installed on the server
Is there a better way to manage this? Shouldn't dependencies like this be included with the app?
Depends on your philosophy. We develop and deploy in a relatively closed environment here. So I don't mind having dependencies because it limits code duplication and such.

There are ways around that which I am not 100% familiar with so I will let someone else speak to those.

--
Colin A. Bartlett
Kinetic Web Solutions