Toby DiPasquale on 30 Aug 2007 01:21:23 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Sharp stick in the eye on free software distributed after MSDN and TechNet Events here in KC today...

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:17:49AM -0400, Keith Fitzgerald wrote:
> i have to run vista on a box for work ... i have it totally stripped down.
> no fancy aero [fancy being relative to M$ here], only necessary services
> turned on, etc ... and it boots up with ~800MB ram eaten. ms is some voodoo
> software.

Try running the fucker in VMware... I initially installed with a 10GB
virtual disk, only to find out that it wasn't enough for the god-damn
install!

--
Toby DiPasquale