Cliff Moon on 18 Sep 2007 10:30:58 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] rspec slides

Somewhere on this thread someone mentioned about not being able to tell
a good test from a bad test.  This got me thinking and I remembered
seeing a tool somewhere for testing the efficacy of your tests.  Turns
out I was thinking of heckle:
http://glu.ttono.us/articles/2006/12/19/tormenting-your-tests-with-heckle.
It mutates portions of your code under test to verify that your tests
fail.  The idea being, that if a mutation doesn't fail a test, you
either aren't testing correctly or the code in question doesn't do anything.