Mort Goldman on 15 Nov 2007 14:09:10 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Hadoop on IBM

Seems like the software at the core of IBM’s computing cloud announcement is Hadoop and MapReduce per NYTimes article at TECHNOLOGY   | November 15, 2007
I.B.M. to Push 'Cloud Computing,' Using Data From Afar
By STEVE LOHR
It seems that I.B.M. is trying to position itself as a leader in the corporate market for cloud computing, which many regard as the next evolutionary step in information technology.

-- Mort