Aaron Mulder on 16 Nov 2007 15:27:58 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Nov/Dec meeting

  • From: "Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Nov/Dec meeting
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:27:38 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=sOYuucnuZ/yrXYamRYayiLs/DaBUmM6OQxAa0dTyDUU=; b=Tv3eDxOAKC5fIdxLWk0CVPJ9SRu2s8ANDreP/Yq6+I6QcIsBb0K7lxep/tXu8F/lHBTH3xzUGrB7sCE36N9mCsSHXwGRgSjBGkQswXpQjwJ7E82eL3lum19xhS1lXxRjaI+G5O5ZklP8RKQRqY6oJgRRKcxHYAAQ7vpMlkXTDIs=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

It would be great to have a talk on REST -- the difference in the code
for RESTful views and controllers, what you do to routes.rb, the
practical benefits or pitfalls, whether you can actually build a
useful standalone REST client (perhaps in a different language), when
you'd want to go this way (or split your app to be part RESTful and
part old-style), etc.

That could be part of a "Rails 2" discussion, but I think there's
enough there for it to be a full topic on its own.

Thanks,
       Aaron