Evan Weaver on 28 Nov 2007 20:29:11 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Agile management web app?

  • From: "Evan Weaver" <evan@cloudbur.st>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Agile management web app?
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:29:01 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=O6ngjxi6Ks2xBgmyF5C9w9sOrP8Q7g9TvQSrkCaFFZg=; b=ovcVu4JWooBQQW0h4o1sB01ksTc1KBiCQq9cUEQlvgbyoqO1bYDpMlUnKTo071QmcPM5OrlkpqQjhAJiSdtDYI+pLIoflF+b/6OmlfRcesbZpKEbhvGqn3ipH7H+4qNVuEsd8n4z5lkbuvI8g+kslbm2u1e1Uc2rru0MlcsVbg0=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Well, we need explicit support for iterations, burndown charts,
fine-grained task estimations, that kind of stuff. Trac is sort of
half-way there. Bugs alone aren't enough though.

I dunno if Fogbugz supports all that. It might.

evan

On Nov 28, 2007 3:10 PM, Angel Pizarro <angel@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I don't know, OSS is great and all, but sometimes a professional product is
> well worth the cash.  I tend to think of build (and/or support) vs. buy
> decisions the same way agile seems to think of features requests. What do
> you have the time/expertice budget for?
>
> For commercial, you could try FogBugz for 45 days free. I like it, although
> still in that 45 day trial period and we are a very small team (5), but I am
> strongly leaning towards the purchase. Will cost you $25/user/month
> ($300/u/year) for the on-demand service and $199/user for install on your
> own server. Or for that matter, stay in the Ruby camp and support basecamp @
> $25/month $300/yr all users (or any of the other basecamp clones) .
>
> For OSS, I used to use Trac and it can be as light or full-featured as you
> want, and is a pretty easy install (for instance mac ports = "sudo port
> intall trac") . Either the wiki pages or tickets can be your cards. But it
> did not do so well with the email integration ( started implementing this
> with ticket requests (plus SVN commit  integration) and never finished
> (hence my comment on build and support.))
>
> -angel
>

> On Nov 28, 2007 1:06 PM, Evan Weaver <evan@cloudbur.st> wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know of an Agile project management webapp that they like?
> > Things like Rally, VersionOne and Mingle are > $500 per user per year
> > which seems excessive.
> >
> > Maybe some of you are using DabbleDB for homebrewed things? The Excel
> > shuffle is kind of killing us right now.
> >
> > Evan
> >
> > --
> > Evan Weaver
> > Cloudburst, LLC