Cliff Moon on 15 Dec 2007 01:50:56 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Amazon's SimpleDB, let's talk about it

:) It'll definitely be a boon for pre-funded startups who have those sorts of data needs and don't have the cash to build out their own hadoop cluster. And I'm sure the more frugal developers will figure out some way to swap out data into s3 for archiving and longer term storage. But yeah, 10G per domain and no way to map/reduce over the data is pretty weak.