Brian Donahue on 8 Jan 2008 13:36:33 -0800

[PhillyOnRails] Pub Night Advice

Pub night fell'ers (and fell'ettes),

The Philly ALT[dot]NET group is doing our first pub night next Wednesday, and I expect 10-15 people.  I'm wondering how you've found Chaucer's for your pub nights, in particular the seating, space for a group that size, ability to converse without screaming, and hopefully without breathing second hand smoke?  I guess the latter is a lot less common in Philly these days anyway.  If you have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

If you're thinking to yourself, "why hasn't he just come out to one yet?"   Well, I have no good excuses, only these weak ones:
 - I have a family and geek-time must be rationed across all geek interests and balanced with family life
 - I'm a .NET developer and while I can laugh at myself, sometimes it's hard to be laughed at in larger groups :-P
 - I haven't done much "real work" with Rails, and what I have done was well over a year ago

That said, I always tell myself I'm gonna make it out to one.  And I'll keep telling myself that... ;-)

Thanks!

Brian