Brian Donahue on 8 Jan 2008 14:06:56 -0800

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Pub Night Advice

Ooh, suburban pub night!  I'm in Glenside - very close to Ft. Washington where I've gone to some PoR meetings.  If a pub night springs up in that vicinity, I'll *really* have a hard time coming up with an excuse to miss it.

No wifi at Chaucer's... not surprising, just something I didn't even think about.

On 1/8/08, Colin A. Bartlett < phillyonrails@colinabartlett.com> wrote:

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:36 PM, Brian Donahue wrote:

> Pub night fell'ers (and fell'ettes),
>
> The Philly ALT[dot]NET group is doing our first pub night next
> Wednesday, and I expect 10-15 people.  I'm wondering how you've
> found Chaucer's for your pub nights, in particular the seating,
> space for a group that size, ability to converse without screaming,
> and hopefully without breathing second hand smoke?  I guess the
> latter is a lot less common in Philly these days anyway.  If you
> have other suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've enjoyed Chaucer's very much. It's a real neighborhood kind of bar
which I prefer. The upstairs has a nice separate space we usually
migrate to after the masses start to arrive. It's not perfectly suited
but we adapt well. There's no smoking (thanks, Philly!) but in the
summer time the cigarette-inclined folk migrate to the sidewalk seating.

I'm in the process of planning for a suburban Rails pub night and in
doing so making a list of requirements up. Near the top of that list
is free Wifi which Chaucer's does not have.

Colin

Colin A. Bartlett
Kinetic Web Solutions
http://blog.kineticweb.com