Randy Schmidt on 22 Jan 2008 06:57:33 -0800

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Monit + Mongrel

  • From: "Randy Schmidt" <randy.schmidt@gmail.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Monit + Mongrel
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:53:49 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=i/eWnQbREPMgR++mFGBN9eCOhPtlAI6lhL9t7KuTkUM=; b=cxRGrvKJOgWBG8pSCiacsb1bJCHhS5nli9ho1dMmv6Km7G6LOs9EKFOVTo09Kz8EkdkIr6j00SrUVj6cHplJ6t7tqJGxcrdd500+LR/pBfLcaOguePwKb2KmlbbNgLO0ur8lt+kI4oBsj9vXkBZe4WKhjuMvi5nTHBKMSoNXMhQ=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

> Could you make sure mongrel_rails is in the path before making your
> call?  The symlink would
> also work, me thinks.

mongrel_rails is not, and you can't change the path they give you, so
instead I am using the command that mongrel_rails cluster::etc
generates and tacking the absolute path onto the mongrel_rails call.
The commands I have for the start and stop programs work from the
command line. They also "work" from monit in that the stop script
stops mongrel and clears the pid. The start program kind of works even
though it says it fails in that there is a mongrel process and pid
file that are generated but the mongrel gives me 500 errors. One thing
I tried was setting what user and group it should be running as from
monit but that didn't work.