Andrew Libby on 7 Mar 2008 12:57:27 -0800

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Server Monitoring Services?

I'm pretty big into Nagios also. And while I'm not trying to make a business out of it, I've got a few customers that I do some monitoring for. I'm not going to try to compete on price with the big commercial monitoring services. I'm typically working on about $95.50/ year per server. I'm happy to do just external monitoring, or if you'd like to have
an on system agent, we use nrpe.

Generally, I'd not spam a list with this stuff... And I'm not trying to make a big business monitoring. I do it for clients though, so I figured I'd throw it out there in case there's interest.

If you want someone to come in and setup nagios for you, I can do that. If I'm super nice, Colin may even vouch for my work. Obviously, at $7.95 a month, it does not take long to pay
for a $20/ month slice host account and have your very own nagios setup :-).

Andy