Cliff Moon on 24 Jun 2008 20:15:56 -0700

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Rails / PHP / Capistrano

Ok, so I don't think you're going to find a cap recipe that does quite what you want it. I'm not familiar with litespeed, so I don't know how this will play out, but if you can do a mix of fastCGI and reverse proxy, then you should be able to come up with a configuration that has fCGI workers serving requests for the correct vhosts and then have it reverse proxy to a pack of mongrels for your rails vhost. I know for a fact that nginx can do all of this, but complicated nginx configs are really hard to debug.

Nick Romanowski wrote:
I'm using Litespeed right now... i'm open to changing to Nginx or Apache if it would make my life easier.