Barry Veinotte on Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:19:52 -0500 (EST)

CGI - Sendmail question.

Hi people.

I was wondering if there is any way to stop sendmail from
continually trying to send an email from a cgi script. I am
using the -f  flag  which takes care of undeliverable emails,
but I would also like to kill the mails that come back with
the non-fatals errors. The warnings, like

"THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY...

The following addresses had transient
non-fatal errors "

I don't want sendmail retrying theses for five days.

The script sends between three and four thousand emails
a day and rising, and I am trying to find a way to stop
sendmail from retrying on these that don't get through
the first time, for whatever reason.

My system admin doesn't know of a way. I haven't been able
to find a way, but thought that if there is one, someone
here will know about it.

Thanks,
Barry