Schuyler D. Erle on Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:56:53 -0500 (EST)

Re: Perl Ripping Event

John Nolan wrote:

> On the other hand, while I agree that it's a good idea to
> post "bad code," I do think it would be better to put a positive
> spin on the articles as a whole.  Keeping the focus on elegance
> rather than inelegance is a good thing.

I'm inclined to agree. While flaming seems a lot less common in the Perl community than elsewhere in cyberspace, the emphasis probably ought to be (a) on the code, and not the author, (b) constructively critical where possible, pointing out what was done right as well as what could be improved.

my $dollars = .02; # SDE