mjd-perl-pm on Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:13:00 -0500 (EST)

Re: Perl Ripping Event

Nicolai Rosen:
> In any language there is usually a functional (sometimes barely) but
> kludgy way of doing something and a beautifully efficient and
> elegant way of doing something. In perl, there is usually more than
> one of the later and several dozen of the former. . . What about
> some sort of event or web site where perl newbies submit code to
> actual programs they've written (not little test scripts or book
> exercises) and true perl hackers such as yourselves rip it apart and
> explain what was done poorly and how to fix it in terms of both
> specific algorithms and general style . . .

I still think this sounds fun, and I found a really good piece of code
that I want to use as an example.  I was going to post it to the
phl.pm mailing list, but then I thought maybe people wouldn't like
that.

So should I just go ahead and post?  Or should I start a new mailing
list for it?  Or what?

Nicolai, any thoughts?