Nicolai Rosen on Thu, 3 Feb 2000 01:16:14 -0500 (EST)

Re: ESR at Penn

It it just open invite? Can we just show up?
Incidently, that's just 2 days after he's speaking at my HS.

Oh, and on a more perl related note as nobody on comp.lang.perl.misc
replied, how would I:
1. Read in a character in at a time in perl
2. Not wait for input, but still accept it (fork?)
and 3. output text anywhere on a console screen

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Robert Spier wrote:

> ESR is coming to Penn, pass it on!  :)
>
> -R
>
> Eric S. Raymond
> Thu, February, 10th 2000
> 4:30pm-6:00pm
> Heilmeier Hall, Towne Building
>
> Eric S. Raymond is an observer-participant anthropologist in the Internet
> hacker culture. His research has helped explain the decentralized
> open-source model of software development that has proven so effective in
> the evolution of the Internet. His own software projects include one of the
> Internet's most widely-used email transport programs. Mr. Raymond is also a
> science fiction fan, a musician, an activist for the First and Second
> Amendments, and a martial artist with a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. His home
> page is at: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr
>
> **Majordomo list services provided by PANIX <URL:http://www.panix.com>**

-Nicolai Rosen
http://laktar.dyndns.org/