Robert Spier on Thu, 3 Feb 2000 01:29:22 -0500 (EST)

Re: ESR at Penn

  NR> It it just open invite? Can we just show up?

    Yup.  First 199 people get seats.  Next 20 or 30 can stand.  (We
then determine where we can fit anyone else.)  After that, we start
turning people away :)

  NR> Incidently, that's just 2 days after he's speaking at my HS.

    Kewl.  I think the only famous person to visit my HS while I was
there was Cassius Clay.

http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfaq8.html#How_do_I_read_just_one_key_witho

  NR> 2. Not wait for input, but still accept it (fork?)

Need more info.

  NR> and 3. output text anywhere on a console screen

Anywhere as in randomly?  Or anywhere as in at a specific location?
For the second one, there are some modules on CPAN for that, Curses,
Ansisomething, etc...

Hmm.. I think PerlfaqPrime (http://www.perlfaq.com) should include the
normal perlfaq stuff, for one stop shopping :)

-R