Walt Mankowski on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:32:37 -0500 (EST)

Re: Upcoming meetings

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 02:50:04AM -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
> As for the on-again/off-again reading group, we haven't made a selection
> yet.  The topic came up recently at ISI, and the three most popular
> recommendations were:
>
>    The Pragmatic Programmer
>    The Practice of Programming
>    Refactoring
>
> We selected 'The Pragmatic Programmer', which I hope everyone will make
> time to at least thumb through at the closest brick-and-mortar bookseller;
> it is easily an instant classic.

I vote for The Pragmatic Programmer.  I was looking at it at my
local b&m bookshop yesterday, and it looked great.  There's also
a good review of it in this month's Dobb's.  It's probably the
next computer book I'm getting.

Walt