Adam Turoff on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 02:50:09 -0500 (EST)

Upcoming meetings

In case you didn't have enough to do the next few mondays....

  2/21: Tech meeting postponed
        Geoff's "Time to test the DVDs" party

  2/28: Tech Meeting:  Hao's presentation on Perl vs. PHP
        NB: This meeting will be on the 4th floor, not the 2nd floor.
        (Many thanks to Hao for setting this up.)

  3/06: Dinner Meeting (possibly meet-the-recruiters)
        In the absence of a dinner czar, two possibilities have
        emerged: sushi or "something spanish/portugese/brazilian..."

        Here are a few possibilities:

        Genji (16th & Sansom)
        Fuji Mountain (21st & Chestnut)
        Brasil (Front & Chestnut)

As for the on-again/off-again reading group, we haven't made a selection
yet.  The topic came up recently at ISI, and the three most popular
recommendations were:

   The Pragmatic Programmer
   The Practice of Programming
   Refactoring

We selected 'The Pragmatic Programmer', which I hope everyone will make
time to at least thumb through at the closest brick-and-mortar bookseller;
it is easily an instant classic.

Z.