Adam Turoff on Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:37:22 -0500 (EST)

Perl News...

>From http://www.news.perl.org:

Orwant Hired as CTO of O'Reilly [Other]

       O'Reilly & Associates has hired Jon Orwant, co-author of
       Mastering Algorithms with Perl and editor of The Perl Journal,
       as Chief Technology Officer. Orwant recently received a Ph.D.
       after over a decade of work at MIT Media Lab's Electronic
       Publishing Group.

       "I'll be wearing a lot of hats," said Orwant. "Some of those
       hats have to do with helping O'Reilly help the Perl community,
       some involve using Perl to streamline O'Reilly's internal
       operations, and some don't involve Perl at all. The hat that I
       may enjoy the most is making sure that Larry (Wall), an O'Reilly
       fellow, gets whatever support from us he needs."