Nicolai Rosen on Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:17:51 -0500 (EST)

Re: Bezos on 1-click ordering

Well as long as we're off topic...

I think that the whole idea of a patent is absurd. You're saying that you
own a discovery. It's not like a piece of literature that you're creating
uniquely out of your own skull. The methods to do these things already
exist. You're just discovering them. I think that for something like the
design of a particular piece of machinery or electronics or an IC chip you
should merely be able to use a copyright. This whole patent thing is
rediculous (actually, even w/ copyright's I'm a bit iffy. The idea of
intellectual property has always seemed a bit, artificial for me).

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Spyder's Empire wrote:
> >>My apologies, I think we're off topic already.  :)
>

> LOL... "off the topic?"  I am just happy to see people in here exchanging
> ideas about something other than where you are going to eat after the next
> meeting.
>
> Nancy Imelda Schafer
> Webmaster

Nicolai Rosen