Nicolai Rosen on Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:42:15 -0500 (EST)

Re: Bezos on 1-click ordering

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Adam Turoff wrote:
> Software patents may very well be an abuse of intellectual property laws,
> due to the nature of prior art and the patent office's definition of
> innovation.  But throwing out copyright and trademark law along with
> patent law because "IP is (bogus|wrong|anachronistic|misguided)" is most
> certainly throwing out the baby with the bath water.

As I said, I could go either way on the issue of copyright.
Trademark on the other hand is absurd. If you're claiming to be another
company, then that's one thing, but the extent to which trademark law
restricts the rights of others goes far overboard.

Nicolai Rosen
nick@netaxs.com
Earthstation/Netaxs