David H. Adler on Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:46:26 -0500 (EST)

Re: Prescod revisited (fwd)

On Fri, Mar 10, 2000 at 12:35:54AM -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
> [...]

I noticed that. :-/

> > http://www.prescod.net/perl/whynot.html says
> >
> >         Perl literature is littered with apologies for why this stuff
> >         is so difficult but for a new programmer, excuses don't add up
> >         to much!
> >
> > and links to my page explaining perl reference syntax.  I'm rather
> > vexed, but I'd be a lot more vexed if Perl reference syntax didn't
> > actually suck.
> >
> > But gosh, his page is annoying.

Indeed.

Anyone interested in massive threads about such annoyance can look to
see it the perl advocacy list is archived somewhere.  Discussions with
Prescod and related topics are available in a nice easy to read 81
message thread... :-/

Of course, you *can* read my brilliant rebuttal there... :-)

dha
--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
"Life is so hard, you know that sometimes it seems the good guys only