Millaway, John on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:46:23 -0400 (EDT)

Password Generator

> From: hash1024@yahoo.com (Alex Barylo)
> To: phl@lists.pm.org
> Subject: Generate a password
> Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:42:13 GMT
>
> I hope you'll be able to help me out here guys.
>
> I need to generate a couple of hundred passwords. I don't want them to
> be completely random, because users will not memorize them and will
> end up writing them down. Damn, they are going to write them down
> anyway, aren't they? I'd like them to be pronouncable/memorizable.
> Like Unix passwd utility does.
>
> I don't have much time for it so I need an idea or a utility WITH
> BATCH MODE.
>
> Anyone?

Hi,
I'm new to this list. I found your message posted last month followed by a
few answers. I happen to have written exactly what you were searching for...

"Prouncable Password Generator Generator"
http://nimbus.ocis.temple.edu/~jmillawa/pp_gg.pl.tar.gz

Good luck. I hope it's not too late!

-John