David H. Adler on Thu, 25 May 2000 21:44:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: yapc caravan (was: [Boston.pm] yapc trip) (fwd)

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 09:38:43PM -0400, ziggy@panix.com wrote:
> dha wrote:
> > You think I'm going to be in the vicinity and not get a cheese steak
> > *twice*???  :-)  Feh.  Also, I hear that some in our group heard about
> > the pretzel museum and are rabid to go.
>
> The pretzel museum is closed.  It's an even-numbered year, so it was
> time for them to move again, and I don't quite know if/where they reopened.

Gah!

> If you want real authentic pretzels, you've pretty much got to go to
> South Philly now.  (I know there must be pretzel bakeries in the northeast,
> but don't know of any off hand.)
>
> > dha, dreading the logistics...
>
> Stay on I-95 a little while longer, hit Pat's, find Federal St. (south
> of Passyunk at that point, I believe; don't quote me) go down a few blocks
> until you hit ~10th & Federal.  Get a box of 50-100 as "palate cleanser"
> for pittsburgh.  :-)

Hmm... I'll stick with Jim's rather than Pat's if I'm going to be
downtown.  The palate Cleansers sound like a good idea.

And it's not travelling logistics I'm dreading, it's
getting-people-together-and-vaguely-organized logistics.  bleah.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Goldfish: The wimp-ass knight never comes out of the castle to fight