Michael Form on Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:33:02 -0400 (EDT)

setuid

I've been searching through my Perl documentation but I've been unable to find anything concerning this, which is why I'm asking here.
If I have a perl script running as root (i.e. via it being chmod'ed +s), is it possible for me to change the uid it is running as, which it is running (similar to the C function of setuid). I am aware I can use cgi wrappers and the like, however I am wondering if there is an actual Perl command similar to C's setuid() command. Thank you in advance.