Kyle Burton on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:18:04 -0400 (EDT)

Re: references

> Perhaps I should've been more specific. I didn't mean references involving
> objects (objects not in the every variable is an object sense). Obviously
> you see those everywhere. I've seen very little code involving \VARIABLE
> type stuff.

Well, at least in my coding cast, I have rarely used the \VARIABLE syntax
because the bulk of the references I create are either array refs or
hash refs, which I ususaly just create new anonymous instances of using
[] and {}.  As far as scalar references go, I don't think they're used
very often.  Though I do sometimes use the \@array and \%hash for function
argument passing.  Some standard moduels also use it -- like the CGI.pm
module's functions for producing HTML tags.