David Steuber on Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:57:09 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi folks!,

I am new to the phl edition of the Perl Mongers list and I haven't had
a chance to come to any of the meetings yet, so none of you know me.
I tend to feel a bit more comfortable in an e-mail medium anyway, but
I would like to make it to a meeting sometime, if not this month.

In the mean time, let me introduce myself.  My name is David Steuber,
in case someone didn't figure that out yet ;-).  I am presently
between jobs and rather desperatly looking for one so that I don't get
booted out of my appartment and then loose my car.  Although, if that
happens I think I will hike on down to Key West and become a
professional bum.  I wonder what stray cats taste like?  I hope it's
not chicken.

I've done some Perl work professionally, although only to a very
limited extent (processing web log files for loading into a
database).  My interests in the language have grown lately.  I was
wondering if anyone on this list knew of any companies that would be
willing to hire someone as an apprentice Perl programmer?  I have a
fairly good background in C++ and am not a bad coder.  I would work
cheap (although I have to cover my living expenses with a bit of room
to save for retirement).  My main interest would be to gain further
experience in Perl while getting paid to do it.

My personal website is running on Apache using Apache::ASP.  I haven't
had a chance to play further with mod_perl yet, but I hope to.
Finding a job comes first though.  Sometimes the annoying
practicalities of life get in the way of having fun!

One of the fun things I want to do is build a 3-D graphics/CAD
modeling program using Perl.  I hate to put such a fun project on the
back burner.

I hope to see you folks at a meeting soon!

--
David Steuber
302 E. Marshall Street #612

http://www.david-steuber.com/
Telco://610.436.1677
ICQ# 91465842  (Using Micq 0.4.6 under Linux)