John Kirk on Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:30:22 -0400 (EDT)

proposal for Monday

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 05:25:40PM -0400, Robert Spier wrote:
> At our next meeting, we should be sure to have a cake.

  Sounds like fun.

> Speaking of that.  Anyone interested in giving a tech talk on Monday?

  I just attended a presentation, by lurker Kyle Burton, about his OO Perl
implementation of an application server he's open-sourced.  It's impressive
and an earlier incarnation is currently handling very high volume at a
well-known website.  I think it'd be fun to have him and cohorts show it
to us, too.

  Anyone interested?  Kyle, got comments?

           regards,    -- John Kirk