Kurt D. Starsinic on Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:39:25 -0400 (EDT)

Re: 110!

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 04:15:48AM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 12:23:43AM -0700, Daniel Chetlin wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 02:02:27AM -0400, Robert Spier wrote:
> > >
> > > Twas procrastinating tonight, and discovered that
> > >
> > > our little phl.pm mailing list has 110 members!
> > >
> > > Of course..  less than 10% attend meetings.  :)
>
> Some of us have *very* good reasons.  ;-)

    Ditto.  ;^)

> > > What can we do to drum you folks out of the woodwork?
> >
> > Can't speak for anyone else, but for me: find me a job closer than
> > Portland :-)
>
> Um, ActiveState is hiring, but that's actually further away from Philly.  :-)

    Smith Renaud is looking for a Solaris sysadmin.  We're closer to Philly
than Portland!

> > -dlc, who misses the east coast
>
> Yep.  At least the salmon is nice and fresh.  And reasonably cheap.
> Pity good beer is so hard to find north of the border.

    At least you can get real Brador, which is better than I can manage
in NYC . . . .

> I'd really
> enjoy seeing a beer menu with Duvel, Victory and Yards again.  And
> soft pretzels with mustard...

    . . . and a _real_ cheesesteak.

    Peace,
* Kurt Starsinic (kstar@sri.net) ---------------- Senior Software Architect *
|           `The sight of immediate reality has become an orchid            |
|            in the land of technology.'  --  Walter Benjamin               |