Walt Mankowski on Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: REMINDER: Tech Talk Tonight

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 12:26:11AM -0400, David Steuber wrote:
> I just have to get OO Perl down.  C++ makes OOP so easy, as does
> Java.  Perl makes parsing text easy, which is what I've used it for so
> far.

Perl also makes OOP easy, although in a different, more flexible, and
arguably better way than C++ and Java.  For more information (and the
arguments in favor of Perl's way of doing OOP) I highly recommend Damian
Conway's book "Object Oriented Perl", published by Manning.