Sean O'Leary on Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:05:04 -0500 (EST)

Re: The Perl Journal

At 12:07 PM 01/02/2001, you wrote:
Can anyone confirm this? I just bought a subscription to TPJ so i really hope this is wrong... I better go download all the back issues for safety.

-hunter

Well, I for one, ordered 4-5 back issues from the website about 2 months ago, and my credit card was never charged, nor the issues delivered. Several queries to a few of the listed email addresses:

Customer Service: custserv@tpj.com
Billing: billing@tpj.com

received no response, so I was kind of wondering if something unusual was going on. But I had heard grumblings about poor customer service and order response times before, so I wasn't terribly concerned.

So while I can't confirm anything, I have noticed some weird behavior for a company that is alive and well.

Man, that would really suck if they went under. Did anyone read the articles about Inline.pm or the Win32::OLE and WriteExcel modules on the last issue? Really interesting, well-written, understandable stuff.

Thank you for your time,

Sean.

soleary@erols.com                  http://needles.aschweb.com/
"Sometimes, a little brain damage helps." - George Carlin