Robert Spier on Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:37:51 -0500

Re: Tech Talk: Mon Feb 5

Looks great to me!

When I said "expand" I just meant, "Give more detail than qq{Using
GTK+ and Gnome" from Perl.}" which is a very brief way of saying what
you said below.  :)

-R

> [...]

obb> Robert, I'm sorry for the late reply.  I will be doing a more
obb> technical presentation.  Here are the main points I will be
obb> hitting:

obb> 	- What exactly GTK+ and Gnome are.  - The differences between
obb> implementing apps in Xlib and Tk and Gtk/Gnome (this will be more
obb> broad) - The differences between applications written for Gnome
obb> and applications written for Gtk+ - The different widgets and
obb> pieces that go into a Gtk/Gnome/Perl application.  - I will
obb> disect a program for Gnome and a program for Gtk and explain the
obb> innerworkings.  - finally I will provide links to tutorials and
obb> reference (i.e. my sources)

obb> Let me know if you'd like to see anything else, I'll try to fit
obb> it in.

obb> -hunter.

obb> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 06:19:23PM -0500, Robert Spier wrote:
>>  The February Technical Talk will be:
>>
>> Monday Feb 5th, 7pm ISI - Second Floor Conference Room
>>
>> Hunter will be presenting "Using GTK+ and Gnome" from Perl.
>>
>> Followed by one of: a) Quizzo at New Deck (maybe they've fixed
>> their water policies) b) Food at Shula's, Mad4Mex, or some other
>> restaurant in the vicinity of ISI c) something not listed here
>>

>> Hunter- Can you expand on what you will be covering?
>>
>> Eftim or Hao- Can you make sure we have the space?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -R
>>
>> **Majordomo list services provided by PANIX
>> <URL:http://www.panix.com>** **To Unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe
>> phl" to majordomo@lists.pm.org**

obb> **Majordomo list services provided by PANIX
obb> <URL:http://www.panix.com>** **To Unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe
obb> phl" to majordomo@lists.pm.org**