Adam Turoff on Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:50:06 -0500

Re: Tech Talk?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:24:15PM -0500, Simply Hao wrote:
> I've actually been to both recently (Friday lunch at Vietnam Palace
> and Saturday dinner at Vietnam Restaurant).  I've ordered similar
> items, and I've noticed that Vietnam R. has less veggies.  What were
> your objections to Vietnam Palace again, Adam?  I do admit that the
> atmosphere at Vietnam R. is appealing, though, like Le Colonial's.

I went there years ago when working in Chinatown, and we went to
Vietnam quite a bit.  The first thing about Vietnam Palace that struck
us is that it smelled fishy.  Literally.  Not a good sign for a seafood
restaurant.

Next, Vietnam would be half to three-quarters full for lunch, every
time we went.  We were the only customers at Vietnam Palace the one
afternoon we visited.  Further, when we'd look out the window at
Vietnam Palace from Vietnam, we'd rarely see people walking in or out,
but see plenty of people entering and leaving Vietnam.

Finally, we weren't overly impressed with the food or the service.
That's not to say it was bad, but given the choice of either of
the two restaurants on 11th, we'd always go to Vietnam instead of
Vietnam Palace.

Also, all of this was when Vietnam was a greasy chopstick, before
the renovation.  The menu has changed slightly (first time in about
10+ years probably) and the prices may have been increased slightly.
I don't remember off the top of my head.

Z.