Adam Turoff on Wed, 16 May 2001 15:07:45 -0400

Perl Apprenticeship "Hour"

Have a few interesting Perl projects on your TODO list that you
probably won't get to this year?  Looking for a way to contribute
to the Perl Community?  Want to work with a Perl Guru and improve
your knowledge of Perl?

Then come to this year's Perl Apprenticeship "Hour".

Adam Turoff will be hosting a 45 minute session at YAPC::America::North
this June for Perlfolk to present ideas for interesting Perl projects
that probably won't get done without some extra help.   Projects
may include things like:

  * documentation    * tools
  * tutorials        * bugfixes
  * modules          * enhancements to existing code
  * websites         * collaborative efforts
  * test code        * program suites

Presenters will have five minutes to offer a project to the community
under one of the following terms:

  - Free for all

    Here's a cool idea.  Do something with it if you want, it's yours.

  - Apprenticeship

    Here's an neat idea.  I don't have time to implement it.  If you
    understand the basics, then I encourage you to do something with it.
    I'll be available to answer your questions on this project.

  - Flash of Brilliance

    Here's an interesting project.  If you understand what needs to be
    done, then please do something with it.  After today, I cannot
    answer your questions.

  - Handoff

    Here's an worthwhile project.  If you understand what needs to be
    done, then let's discuss it so I can hand the project over to you.
    After that, I cannot answer your questions.

If you have some projects you would like to offer for the Perl Apprenticeship
Hour, please send a brief project summary to <ziggy@perl.org>, including
the how you will offer the project to the community.  You are encouraged
to submit multiple projects.