Walt Mankowski on Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:56:07 -0400

Re: Events in July

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 04:33:30PM -0400, rGeoffrey wrote:
> July is almost upon us.  We need to start worrying about our trip to
> Baltimore and other things.
>
> Has anyone looked into tickets to Camden Yards?
>
> Who wants to go?  And do we have a plan yet?

Doesn't sound like it.  Turns out there's a good chance I won't be
able to make the game if it's on Saturday.  I should know in a few
days.

> In the natural order of things Monday July 2 should be our next dinner
> meeting.  So we have three choices...
>
> 1) eat on Monday as scheduled

Actually I believe we're due for a tech talk on Monday.  Mark has
graciously volunteered to explain how qrpff.pl (an obfuscated deCSS
program) works.  But due to the lack of advance notice and possible
lack of venue, I think we should probably postpone it for a few weeks.

So, as you said, we could eat tomorrow.  I'd personally like to skip
that, too, since I'm already busy Tuesday and Wednesday and would like
to have a free night, but that's just me.

> 2) have an event on Wednesday to see fireworks and celebrate 225 years
> without a royal family (no matter how hard the Kennedy and Bush clans try)

That's been fun the past few years, although it's a little tougher
with July 4 on Wednesday and having to go to work the next day. :-(

> 3) skip both on the grounds that the trip to Baltimore is more than enough
> excitement for the week

See above.

> The City of Chester will again be providing fireworks in the park behind my
> house on the 4th if anyone wants to journey out to see Garibaldi and
> me.  This also comes with cooking on the grill and if you ask nice, a
> chance to stew in the hot tub.  Or does anyone have a suggestion of another
> place to celebrate?
>
> Monday July 16 should be our next technical meeting.  Do we have a
> victim/volunteer yet?

See above.

Walt