Walt Mankowski on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:35:49 -0500

Re: Monday Social Meeting

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:44:20PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:40:11PM -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
> |
> | Then may I recommend Effies?  If I had one night to spend in Philly, and
> | those were my three choices, I'd choose Effies for dinner, with a possible
> | detour to Fergie's after dessert.
> |

> we'll do that then.

OK, Effie's it is!  I just called and made reservations at 7pm.  They
said they shouldn't have any trouble accommodating 8-10 of us.

Effie's is a Greek restaurant at 1127 Pine St.  There's a review
online at http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/profile/8959635/

We ate there once before, several years ago.  I remember the food
being excellent, especially the grilled octopus appetizer.  Also it's
a BYOB so if people want to drink, we'll have to bring our own beer
and/or wine.  I volunteer to bring a dessert wine which Meng has
highly recommended.

It's a bit of a walk from the train station, so there's a chance I
might be a few minutes late.  If you get there before me, just ask for
"Walt" or "Perl".

Walt