Adam Turoff on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:59:23 -0500

Re: Monday Social Meeting

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:43:06PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 02:19:10PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:43:18AM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > |
> > | * Fergie's (pub)
> > | * Moriarty's (pub)
> > | * Effies (greek)
> >
> > i'd be interested in any of the above.
>
> Ziggy, if you're around, could you please give your official
> description of Fergie's?  Oh, how's the food there?  I know they have
> a great beer selection, but I've never eaten there.  Do they have room
> upstairs to accomodate a group of hungry, thirsty mongers?

Fergie's is a really good pub that has a decent selection of beer and
better than average pub food.  You can get the standard fare, like
fish and chips, burgers, and I forget what else.  But Fergies also
has real food, including the quiche of the day.

Around 7pm on Monday night, the downstairs is starting to fill up, but
shouldn't be too crowded.  There's also a few tables upstairs, which
are usually *much* quieter that time of night.  If there's a band playing
or some other performance on a Monday night, it'll start to get more
crowded and noisy by around 9pm or so.

Good choice if you want reasonable food, real waitstaff and good beer.

Moriarty's, on the other hand, tends to be much more loud, much more
crowded, and a slightly more pricy FWIR.  There are a few standards
on the menu at Moriarty's, such as the buffalo wings (large and unsegmented,
so they look huge) which need a decent amount of time to outgas before
they're edible (quite tasty though).  However, I the waitstaff there
tends to be much less attentive and the overall experience tends not
to be as enjoyable than what you get at Monk's/Fergie's/Nodding Head.

HTH (next time),

Z.