Adam Turoff on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:26:17 -0500

Re: Monday Social Meeting

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 05:48:44PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> Thanks for the review, although I was really trolling for your "It's
> got an Irish name with a bar imported from Germany...several other
> ethnic influences..." description.  :-)

Oh, *that*.

Fergie's is the irish pub with the beautiful german bar (left over
from the previous owners).  The inscription on the bar (according to
Kurt) is something vaguely like "Drink doesn't quench the thirst,
so why stop drinking".

Fergie's also has wonderfully fresh Yards ESA on the beer engine
(had it for years, possibly the second best place to get a fresh
drawn pint of Yards).  Oh, and the decor above the bar is wonderfully
reminiscent of local breweries in the Philadelphia area that
produce[d] beer you probably don't want to drink (except for
Yuengling, that is).

And they have food, too.  And a cute budweiser sign appropriately placed
in the mens room.  And a jukebox.

Z.