Walt Mankowski on Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:28:49 -0500

[dha@panix.com: Guido approacheth!]

There's a good chance I'm going to head up to NYC for this Tuesday
night.  Note that this intentionally coincides with Linux World Expo
so if you're already going to be up there for that, you might want to
stop by afterwards.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from "David H. Adler" <dha@panix.com> -----

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:08:35 -0500
From: "David H. Adler" <dha@panix.com>
To: "ny.pm" <ny@lists.pm.org>
Subject: Guido approacheth!

Please be sitting down.

I am announcing a meeting more than 8 hours beforehand. :-)

Guido van Rossum, the creator of Python, is going to speaking to us next
Tuesday, the 29th.

Thanks go again to Phil Moore at Morgan Stanley, who has arranged for
us to use the conference room we had for Damian this week once more.

So.  Tueday, the 29th of January, at 7pm: 4th floor conference room at
750 7th avenue.  You'll have to tell the security folk that you're there
for the New York Perl Mongers meeting.

One last comment.  I know many people are a bit firey about the
Perl/Python rivalry.  I would appreciate it if everyone, in the spirit
of TMTOWTDI, if nothing else, to refrain from being inflammatory.

I'm sure I didn't have to say that, right? :-)

See you all there.

dha
--
David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Religious zealots have a tendency towards mental illness.  You really