Pete Renshaw on Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:48:06 -0400

Re: 2.1 million dollar Nigerian Scam

I received two letters about five and seven years ago on this. The letters looked like they were booby trapped. Made out of the same paper firecrackers are made of. Hard to believe people sent money. Hey that gives me an idea...

from http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/checks21_20020921.htm

The Nigerian scam letter scheme has been around since the mid-1980s and originated there.

mjd-perl-pm@plover.com wrote:

Peter Bachman <peterb@cequs.com>:

OK, perhaps I was a tad too optimistic that there was no one stupid enough
to *really* fall for the Nigerian email scam.