Walt Mankowski on Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:40:13 -0500

LISA talk/dinner Tuesday night, Nov. 5

As I mentioned a while ago, the Usenix LISA conference is in town next
week.  Uri Guttman, who some of us know from various Perl conferences,
will be speaking about stem[1] at LISA, and has graciously agreed to
talk to phl.pm free of charge!

We're going to do things a little differently than we normally do,
since logistically it's easier to meet at the conference than at ISI.
So here's the plan.  We'll meet in the lobby of the Philadelphia
Marriott[2] at 7 PM on Tuesday, November 5[3].  We'll then go to one
of the rooms where they're holding BOF's that night, and Uri will do
his stem talk.

Following the talk we'll decide where we'll go to dinner.  There
should be some other members of the Perl community at the conference,
and if possible we'll try to invite them along as well.

Walt

1. http://stemsystems.com.  The paper he'll be presenting is available
in three different formats at http://stemsystems.com/lisa/.  Uri
assures me that talk itself is more down-to-earth with a slide show
and demos.

2. 1201 Market St.

3. Note that Tuesday is Election Day, so if you'll be joining us be
sure to vote earlier in the day.