Jim Trocki on Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:38:56 -0500

Re: December/January Schedule

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Walt Mankowski wrote:

> Here's the schedule for the next few months.  As usual, all meetings
> will be at 7 PM, and all the tech meetings will be at ISI.
>
> Monday, December 9
> Jim Trocki will talk about mon[1].

Thanks again to all of those who were able to attend last night. I really
appreciate the opportunity, and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

If anyone is interested in the slides and accompanying troff goo, it
can all be found here:

http://linux.kernel.org/~trockij/phl.pm.org/

I identified and fixed what someone spotted as a typo in the slides
containing Perl code. It turned out to be a consequence of me not escaping
\'s in the troff source, so all the "\n"s were turned into some sort
of junk.

I mentioned the Schedule::Oncall module last night, which can be found
here:

http://www.kernel.org/software/schedule-oncall/

There is the module itself, and there are also some tools which use the
module to do things like construct web pages of the on-call schedule,
and forward mail to the person who is on call (make sendmail deliver
mail to a pipe which calls this program).

One of the deliberate features of Schedule::Oncall is that the schedule
file is in CSV format which can be edited with Excel. This way the boss
can do all the editing himself rather than bugging me to maintain the
schedule :)

-