Walt Mankowski on Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:27:27 -0500

Re: Should we postpone tonight's meeting?

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:03:56PM -0500, spoulson3@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm new the list and am interested in showing up for a meet one day.  I'm
> from Ridley Twp, but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the trains.
> I prefer public transportation.  My nearest Septa stops are in either
> Morton or Prospect park, but I don't know the names of the route.

Prospect Park is on the R2 Wilmington/Newark line.  Morton is on the
R3 Media/Elwyn line.

> Could someone suggest a good way to make it in from my area?

ISI is about a 10-15 minute walk from 30th St. Station.  See
www.septa.com for schedules.

There's also plenty of metered parking around ISI, particularly behind
the building on Filbert St.  The meters are 25 cents for 15 minutes,
and are needed until 8:00.  So if you get there a little before the
meeting starts at 7, you'll need 4 or 5 quarters.

> So what exactly goes on in these meets?

The meetings are pretty informal.  We usually sit and chat for a bit,
then the speaker or speakers give their talks.  The meetings usually
run until around 8:30 or 9.  Afterwards we go out to dinner somewhere
in the vicinity.

Walt
-