Adam Turoff on Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:44:01 -0500

Re: Should we postpone tonight's meeting? (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from owner-phl@lists.pm.org -----
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:39:26 -0500
From: Eric Roode <eric@myxa.com>
To: phl@lists.pm.org
Subject: Re: Should we postpone tonight's meeting?

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:03:56PM -0500, spoulson3@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new the list and am interested in showing up for a meet one day.  I'm
> from Ridley Twp, but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the trains.
> I prefer public transportation.  My nearest Septa stops are in either
> Morton or Prospect park, but I don't know the names of the route.
>
> Could someone suggest a good way to make it in from my area?

Find a way to get to 30th Street Station -- nearly every train line
goes through that station.  See www.septa.org for schedules.

At 30th Street Station, find your way to Market Street.  You'll have
to cross all the way through the main lobby and to the other side of
the building to get there.  Turn right (that is, west) onto Market
and walk five blocks to ISI, 3501 Market Street.

Alternatively, if you don't mind paying a bit extra (worth it if the
weather is crappy), cross the street from 30th Street Station to the
subway line and take the train to the 34th street stop, climb the
stairs and walk another block further to ISI.

> So what exactly goes on in these meets?

The usual -- scantily clad women, loud music, free cocaine.

Nah, usually someone gives a talk on some topic related to Perl, then
everyone goes out for socialization and a bite to eat afterwards.

--
Eric J. Roode                                              eric@myxa.com
Senior Software Engineer, Myxa Corporation

----- End forwarded message -----
-