Walt Mankowski on Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:45:28 -0500

Re: Fwd: Newsletter from O'Reilly UG Program, January 24

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 06:22:24PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Can this be done without putting all of /etc under CVS, for example?
> Maybe that's a reasonable thing to do, just feels like overkill most
> of the time.

On my home box I generally just put RCS directories under /etc and any
of its subdirectories where I modify files.  Then I use rcs (inside
emacs) to check in any changes I make.  I also use rcs in my homedir
for things like my .emacs and .muttrc files that change fairly
regularly.

Are there any advantages to use CVS for this kind of stuff?  All I can
think of is that it would let me store the files on separate
partitions.

Walt