Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:30:39 -0500

to Mark J. D., others feel free to delete

  • From: Jeff Abrahamson <jeff@purple.com>
  • To: Perl User Group <phl@lists.pm.org>
  • Subject: to Mark J. D., others feel free to delete
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:23:25 -0500
  • >received: from asterix.purple.com (asterix [192.168.0.6]) by diderot.purple.com (8.12.3/8.12.3/Debian -4) with ESMTP id h1GKNPkX028656 for <phl@lists.pm.org>; Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:23:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-phl@lists.pm.org

Hi, Mark. (Others, feel free to read, but feel free to delete, too.)

Your mailer keeps refusing my mail. When I follow its instructions to
send to mark-notjunk, the new failure has to do with some regex's that
it finds suspicious. I tried again with the mail encrypted (to avoid
those regex's, whatever they are), and was informed (553), "sorry,
your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)". To save on
back-and-forth, and since the messages weren't terribly private, I'll
repeat them here.

I tried to send you the following question:

 Hey, Mark.

 What software do you use to make slides when you give talks? What do
 you use then to display them? (Do you display from ps or pdf?) Any
 advice?

 I'm giving a short talk at PLUG next month and a longer one a couple
 months later, and I've not done this with computer generated slides
 before. I imagine you have thought about this more than most.

 Tia for your thoughts.

when it was bounced, I resent it according to instructions, and also
sent under separate cover a note on a possible error with your mail
program:

 Hi, Mark.

 FYI, despite the assurances of your automated program, it did not, in
 fact, include the message below, only some headers.

 -Jeff

 ps: What do you use to handle your email like this? Seems like it
 would be overkill for me, but I'm still fascinated and want to know
 how you do it.

My apologies to everyone else for being so noisy on list for a
personal matter.

--
 Jeff

-