David Steuber on Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:54:48 -0500

Re: April technical meeting topic?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:07:17PM -0500, Rachel J. King wrote:

> Um, I think you should be worried that there was a fire in your building
> and the alarms never went off.  Especially since it was close enough to
> sneak into your apartment?

I mentioned it to a fireman who said he will tell the chief.  It is
rather odd because the alarm does go off from time to time and it is
loud enough to wake the dead and get them off to work.  The one time I
do smell smoke, the alarm doesn't go off :-/.

Just to get back on topic here.  For those of you who are debian users,
there is a useful package called dh-make-perl.  It lets you use debian's
package management on cpan modules that follow the standard Makefile.pl
rules.

--
David Steuber           |  telco:610.436.1677
302 E Marshall St       |  http://www.david-steuber.com/