Walt Mankowski on Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:17:02 -0400

Camden River Sharks -- The Plan

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 09:59:30AM -0400, R. Geoffrey Avery wrote:
> I have checked with the River Sharks and there is not a shortage of tickets
> for Monday.  So we will not be buying tickets early and will just do our
> best when we get there.

Cool.

> Unfortunately I just learned my frisbee schedule for the summer and have a
> game that night.  I would blow it off, but I am already missing 4 of 13
> games due to YAPC trips.

And missing 5 of 13 games is somehow different? :)

> So the plan is to meet at the stadium between 6 and 6:30 and then go watch
> that evil team from Nashua lose.  It would probably be best if anyone going
> could RSVP to the list and we pick someone, to get the tickets.

OK, since it doesn't sound like Geoff will be able to make it, I'll
volunteer to coordinate things.  As he suggested, I'd like everyone
who's planning on going to the game to RSVP to the list so we have an
idea of how many tickets we need.  I'm not familiar the the layout
outside the stadium, so lets just say we'll gather near the ticket
booth.  (It's a small stadium so I'm guessing there's only one of
them.)  I'll try to get there a bit earlier, but let's figure on
entering the stadium around 6:25 so we have a chance to get settled in
before the game starts.  I'm also going to suggest we get the cheap
($7) seats down the first base line, since that side seems to have
better views of the bridge and the Philly skyline.

If anyone would like to go but thinks they won't be there by 6:25, let
me know and we'll leave tickets for you at the will call window.  Or,
if you're feeling lucky, you can just get tickets on your own and try
to find us in the ballpark.

I'll have my cellphone with me Monday night.  My number is (484)
432-7897.

Walt
-