Walt Mankowski on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:13:42 -0400

Re: Social Meeting Monday -- The Standard Tap

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:04:41PM -0400, Eric J. Roode wrote:
> Hey, there's actually a good chance I can make a social meeting for
> a change.

Excellent!

> Does anyone know if there's a decent way to get within walking
> distance via public transportation?  (I'm coming from the north
> -- R2 line).  I could drive, but then my drinking might be
> inhibited.  :-)

You'd need to take the Market-Frankford line to Spring Garden (that's
the stop after 2nd St.).  The station's at Front and Spring Garden.
Walk underneath I-95 one block to 2nd, turn right, then walk a few
blocks north to Poplar.  It'll be on your right.

I'd estimate it should take you about 15-20 minutes to get from Market
East to the Standard Tap, depending on how long you need to wait for
the el.

Walt